The Minnesota State soccer team has been ranked eighth in the first edition of the NCAA Central Region Rankings.
MSU garnered the eighth spot in the rankings after putting together a 10-3-1 overall record. Central Missouri tops the rankings with a 12-1-0 record, with Minot State following right behind in the second spot with an 11-1-0 record.
Northeastern State (3rd), Central Oklahoma (4th) and Fort Hays State (5th) rounded out the top five, with Lindenwood and Bemidji State following in the sixth and seventh spots, respectively.
The NSIC, Mid-America Athletic Association (MIAA) and the Great American Conference (GAC) make up the NCAA Central Region. The top six teams in the region will advance to the NCAA region tournament on Nov. 11 & 13 and 18 & 20. Automatic bids are granted to the winners of the MIAA, GAC and NSIC postseason tournaments, with the remaining three spots awarded on an at-large basis.
The Mavericks continue their season Saturday as they host Minot State at 1:00 p.m.
NCAA Central Region Rankings
Team (Conference) DII Record In-Region Record
1. Central Missouri (MIAA) 12-1-0 12-1-0
2. Minot State (NSIC) 11-1-0 11-1-0
3. Northeastern State (MIAA) 12-2-0 12-2-0
4. Central Oklahoma (MIAA) 10-3-1 10-3-1
5. Fort Hays State (MIAA) 10-3-1 10-3-1
6. Lindenwood (MIAA) 6-6-1 6-6-1
7. Bemidji State (NSIC) 10-4-0 10-4-0
8. Minnesota State (NSIC) 10-3-1 10-3-1